1. Before core drilling can begin, a core drilling permit must be completed and approved by: Customer, ESCO Group Supervisor, ESCO Group Foreman, and ESCO Group Safety Coordinator.
2. Check your equipment and make sure it is in good operating condition.
3. A catch platform must be built with plywood sides, or a lift may be used with a catch box or barrel, to catch the core. The catch platform or lift must be within 6 feet of the floor so the core does not drop over 6 feet.
4. The area around the lift or platform must be red taped off, and a spotter person must stay in the area until the drilling is finished.
5. The hole must be covered, and the word “hole” spray-painted on the cover, so as not to create a tripping hazard.