Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Project Engineer is a mid-level professional position within the project management delivery structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a project management resource with technical proficiency for This position is best described as a project management resource with technical proficiency for external customer project delivery for small to medium-sized scale or multiple projects. Work executed will be for multi-discipline automation teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of project management and automation skills. Leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage and execute complex process control system integration projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project management and execute deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Manage project tools including: project plans, schedules, and budgets. Follow and maintain all established project management processes.
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them. Review estimates prepared by others.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects.
- Program, configure, test, and commission PLC and HMI based control systems.
- Deliver technical expertise in the bid process for small to medium sized projects.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including the following:
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
- Project team leadership.
- Project estimating, proposals, and working with clients during sales process.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, computer programming, or commissioning.
- Experience with the creation of new programming and documentation rather than maintaining systems developed by others.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex electrical principles and advanced electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.