Des Moines, IowaPosition Type:
The Automation Engineer is an entry level position within the technical delivery structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a contributing technical resource for external customer project delivery. Work executed will be with a multi-discipline automation team. This position requires acquisition and knowledge of automation skills and technologies.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist in the development and execution of process control system integration projects of small to medium size and limited complexity.
- Perform project deliverables under direct supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Program, configure, test, and commission PLC and HMI based control systems as assigned while under the direction of others.
- Monitor personal quality measures are being met.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, or computer programming.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical principles and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.