Project Engineer - Enterprise SolutionsCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Project Engineer is a mid-level professional position within the Enterprise Solutions Team of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a project management resource with technical proficiency for external customer project delivery for small to medium-sized scale or multiple projects. This position requires acquisition and mastery of project management and enterprise project execution skills. Leadership and mentorship of others will be required of this role.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage and execute complex manufacturing intelligence projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project management and execute deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Manage project tools including project plans, schedules, and budgets. Follow and maintain all established project management processes.
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them. Review estimates prepared by others.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects.
- Program, configure, test, and commission data collection, reporting, and analysis systems.
- Deliver technical expertise in the bid process for small to medium sized projects.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Work with others to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Leads with a high level of initiative and exemplifies company values.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strategically manages resources to ensure the success of business goals.
- Develops meaningful relationships both inside the organization and within the community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively manages change and provides vision.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Empowers others to perform at their highest levels.
- Provides superior coaching and feedback.
- Creates a culture of personal ownership.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree program in engineering, computer science, or a related field from an accredited college or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- Other equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including the following:
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
- Project team leadership.
- Knowledge and familiarity with engineering activities including computer programming, networking, software development, data management, and hardware specification.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manufacturing background strongly preferred.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including project estimating, proposals, and working with clients during sales process.
- Experience with quality, performance, maintenance, and or operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MES, automation solutions, and/or analytics strongly preferred.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.