Senior Electrical EngineerCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Senior Electrical Engineer is the senior professional level of position within the power services structure of ESCO Group. This position is best described as a lead technical resource for external customer consultation and evaluation for complex applications. Work executed will be primarily independent but is positioned within a team environment. This position requires acquisition and mastery of electrical distribution knowledge and safety expertise. Technical leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Make onsite visits to customer sites and interact with customers to gather critical information, resolve project issues, address customer concerns, and review engineering plans.
- Estimate and bid new projects as well as perform direct sales activities for smaller accounts.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination, and arc-flash studies.
- Ensure that electrical engineering analysis, troubleshooting, and studies are conducted according to IEEE and NFPA standards.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in electrical engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in electric power systems.
- Experience and knowledge with short-circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash, and power quality studies.
- Experience with a power system modeling software tool such as SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, etc.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.