Accounting and FinanceLocation:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Accounting Specialist is a support position within the accounting structure of ESCO Group. This position is best described as a billing resource. Work executed will be for a multi-discipline accounting team. This position requires knowledge of accounting principles.
The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Set up customer jobs in accounting system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate cost account meetings with Project Managers and/or General Foremen, review and analyze cost information, and update notes in the collaboration tool.
- Prepare and post project accounting adjustments by updating estimates, increasing contract amounts, adding change orders, updating job type and/or tracking purchase orders.
- Initiate time and material moves as needed.
- Review collaboration tool to determine customer billing requirements.
- Prepare customer invoices by gathering information such as unbilled WIP reports, purchase orders, and material invoices.
- Send weekly time reports to customers.
- Review job sales and use tax issues.
- Provide assistance researching job numbers to Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Close customer jobs on completion.
- Monitor and maintain assigned customer accounts including customer calls, account adjustments, and customer reconciliations.
- Communicate and follow up with internal and external customers regarding outstanding issues.
- Document collection efforts within Accounts Receivable aging tool.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Process customer credit card payments as needed.
- May prepare or post daily deposits.
- Document internal processes and process changes—creating clear SOPs as needed.
- Assist with answering phones and front desk support.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university; or
- Other equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Two years of experience in Project Accounting functions.
- Knowledge and familiarity of calculations such as discounts, interest, sales tax, and percentages.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.