Arc Flash Field TechnicianCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Arc Flash Field Technician is a senior level technical position within the field services team of the ESCO Group. This position is best described as a field resource with industrial electrical experience. Work executed will be on a field services team. This position requires frequent travel and the ability to accurately collect information regarding electrical systems. The job requires a high level of efficiency while maintaining attention to detail.
The Arc Flash Field Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Travel to client sites to gather electrical distribution system information such as wire size, length, circuit breaker settings, fuse information, transformer data, etc.
- Survey facilities for exposures to live conductors.
- Support electrical engineers in power studies of client sites.
- Create field sketches of systems or SKM drawings.
- Present finished reports.
- Affix safety labels to electrical equipment.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university; and three or more years of related work or industry experience.
- Other equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Experience or knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems.
- Experience or knowledge of NFPA 70E.
- Demonstrated to be proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Industrial electrical experience.
- Experience with arc flash testing, the use of infrared cameras, and LOTO processes.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.