Electrical Project ManagerCategory:
Eddyville, IowaPosition Type:
The Electrical Project Manager is a mid-level professional position within the project management structure of ESCO Electric. This position is best described as a lead resource for external customer project delivery for large scale or multiple projects. Work executed will be for multi-discipline electrical teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of project management skills. Leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
The Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage multiple small to medium-sized process control system integration projects of significant complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project management independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Create and manage project tools including: project plans, schedules, and budgets. Follow and maintain all established project management processes.
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them. Review estimates prepared by others.
- Utilize accounting-related systems for accurate tracking and forecasting of project performance compared to plan. Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Partner with other resource managers to ensure assigned projects are staffed correctly.
- Prepare and lead project meetings.
- Process change orders.
- Approves project timecards and expenses.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of other Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university and four years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including the following:
- Industrial electrical experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
- Project team leadership.
- Project estimating, proposals, and working with clients during sales process.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, basic computer networking, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Access, SharePoint, and Dynamics.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.