Senior Automation EngineerCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Senior Automation Engineer is a senior professional level position within the technical delivery structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a lead technical resource for external customer project delivery for complex applications. Work executed will be within multi-discipline automation teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of multiple automation skills and technologies. Technical leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute complex process control system integration projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Program, configure, test, and commission PLC and HMI based control systems.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
- Deliver technical expertise in the bid process.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, computer programming, or commissioning.
- Experience with the creation of new programming and documentation rather than maintaining systems developed by others.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex electrical principles and advanced electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.