Associate Project ManagerCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Associate Project Manager is a professional level position within the project management structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a contributing resource for external customer project delivery. Work executed will be for a multi-discipline automation team. This position requires acquisition and knowledge of project management skills.
The Associate Project Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage small to medium-sized process control system integration projects of limited complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project management under general supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Assist with the creation and management of project tools including: project plans, schedules, and budgets. Follow and maintain all established project management processes.
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them.
- Utilize accounting-related systems for accurate tracking and forecasting of project performance compared to plan. Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects.
- Verify client quality measures are being met.
- Maintain professional client relationships.
- Partner with other resource managers to ensure assigned projects are staffed correctly.
- Prepare and lead project meetings.
- Process change orders.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and one year or more of related work or industry experience; or
- Completion of other Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university and two years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
- Experience and proficiency with the following: Electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming and commissioning.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Access, SharePoint, and Dynamics.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation.
- Experience in the food, grain processing, or seed industries.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.