Senior Electrical DesignerCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Senior Electrical Designer is a senior professional level position within the design delivery structure of ESCO Group. This position is best described as a lead design resource for external customer project delivery for complex applications. Work executed will be within multi-discipline teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of multiple electrical design skills and advanced knowledge. Design leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
The Senior Electrical Designer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute design deliverables for multiple complex electrical projects of medium to large size and significant complexity simultaneously.
- Perform project deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Create complex designs including: electrical design, instrumentation and process drawings, panel layouts, MCC's, elevation, one-lines, component selection, and bills of materials.
- Deliver design expertise in the bid process.
- Report financial tracking where necessary.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Develop drawing packages in AutoCAD Electrical and maintain tools and libraries.
- Perform field research of existing electrical systems, testing of installed electrical systems, and commissioning.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Advanced understanding of complex electrical principles and advanced electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency in electrical design.
- Experience with design software such as Revit, AutoCAD 3D, NavisWorks, etc.
- Experience using 3D modeling in MEP applications.
- Experience operating or leading in a BIM coordination environment.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.