Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Electrical Designer is an entry level position within the design delivery structure of ESCO Group. This position is best described as a contributing design resource for external customer project delivery. Work executed will be with a multi-discipline team. This position requires acquisition and knowledge of electrical design skills and knowledge.
The Electrical Designer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist in the development and execution of design deliverables for electrical projects of small to medium size and limited complexity.
- Perform project deliverables under direct supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Assist in the creation of designs including: electrical design, instrumentation and process drawings, panel layouts, MCC's, elevation, one-lines, component selection, and bills of materials.
- Monitor personal quality measures are being met.
- Develop drawing packages in AutoCAD Electrical with knowledge of tools and libraries.
- Assist with field research of existing electrical systems, testing of installed electrical systems, and commissioning.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of an Associate’s degree program in electrical design or a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency in electrical design.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical principles and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience with design software such as Revit, AutoCAD 3D, NavisWorks, etc.
- Experience using 3D modeling in MEP applications.
- Experience operating or leading in a BIM coordination environment.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.