SUMMER INTERNSHIP - Electrical Design AssociateCategory:
Marion, IowaPosition Type:
The Electrical Design Associate is a student level position within the design delivery structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as applied design resource with a focus on learning. Experience will be focused within a multi-discipline automation team. This position requires acquisition of electrical design skills and knowledge.
The Electrical Design Associate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Observe and assist in the development and execution of design tasks for process control system integration projects of small to medium size and limited complexity.
- Perform project tasks under direct supervision while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Assist in the creation of designs for automated process systems including: electrical design, instrumentation and process drawings, panel layouts, MCC's, elevation, one-lines, component selection, and bills of materials.
- Monitor personal quality measures are being met.
- Work with designers drawing packages in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Enrollment in or completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program in engineering or related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Education or training with the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, or computer programming.
- Education or training of electrical fundamentals such as voltage, current, and resistance.
- Education or training in the use of AutoCAD Electrical.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.