Assembly Technician IICategory:
Des Moines, IowaPosition Type:
The Assembly Technician II is an experienced level position within the assembly shop of the ESCO Group. This position is best described as a hands-on assembler of mechanical assemblies and machinery. Work executed will be on an assembly team. This position requires the knowledge of mechanics, blue print reading, and dimensional measurement. The technician must operate power tools and hand tools safely to do work. The job requires a high level of efficiency while maintaining attention to detail.
The Assembly Technician II will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assemble mechanical goods using hand tools and machines as assigned.
- Adhere to construction schedules.
- Read and understand detailed schematics, blueprints, parts lists, etc.
- Monitor supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies.
- Monitor personal quality measures are being met.
- Complete work in a neat and workmanship like manner.
- Report design issues and recommend corrective action to direct supervisor.
- Annotate drawings with redlines and comments for correction by others.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a daily basis.
- Assemble shipping crates and skids for finished equipment.
- Test assemblies to verify function.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Earnestly looks for ways to improve skills and is a dedicated and driven learner.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work effectively with decreasing amount of assistance from others as skills are acquired.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university and one year or more of related work or industry experience.
- Other equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Mechanical or electrical assembly experience.
- Demonstrated to be proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Machine shop or tool experience.
- Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
ESCO Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ESCO Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ESCO Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ESCO Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.