|Reports to:||Electrical Manager|
|Exempt or Non-Exempt:||Exempt|
Background/Work Experience Required:
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university; or
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.S.) or equivalent from a two-year technical school with five or more years of related work experience.
- Experience and proficiency with the following: Electrical design, power system analysis, and commissioning. Experience should include creation of new documentation, versus maintaining systems developed by others.
- Proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows 2000 and XP Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of 480 volt electrical distribution systems.
- A working knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Familiar with the design and construction of 15 kV switchgear. Able to interpret AC and DC schematic Drawings.
- Experience developing protective device settings and coordination of protective devices.
- Experience with generator controls and synching generators to electric distribution systems.
- Hands on experience with programming protective relays.
- A working knowledge of operation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Familiar with Autocad to develop electric drawings.
- Some exposure to working with electrical construction Contractors.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the electrical discipline.
- Proficiency with project management activities including budgeting, defining & managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform Electrical Engineering duties including, but not limited to, system design, electrical design, and commissioning of electrical power distribution systems.
- Execute projects in a manner that all tasks, both performed directly or indirectly by others, adhere to scope, schedule and budget constraints. Utilize accounting related systems for accurate tracking and forecasting of project performance as compared to plan.
- Communicate regularly with management and senior staff to keep them informed on status of all projects, including, but not limited to, resource needs, budget/schedule/scope issues and other performance related issues.
- Utilize, support and enhance standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct and policy requirements established by the ESCO Group and clients.
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others.
- Work with management and senior staff to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
Able to accommodate up to 25% of overnight travel for services at clients facilities that are out of town. The amount of travel is largely dependent upon project scope, schedule, and assigned tasks.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com (include the position title in the subject header of your email) or fill out the form below: